Children (5 - 16 years) £2
Car Parking £2.
Dogs welcome on leads.
Tickets available on the day
Recreation Ground,Ferry Rd,
Pitlochry PH16 5DZ
Events commence at 10.30 hrs and include the below...(Times approx)
Please look on www.shga.co.uk for a report on 2018 Games by Shane Fenton.
Thanks to all who have written/emailed to say how much they enjoyed 2018 Games.
We had a crowd of around 7,000 from all over the World, who witnessed great Competitions throughout the day, bathed in glorious sunshine
Some info on the Games - timings might be slightly different but nothing major
No cover if wet . Wear Strong footwear
Overseas Tent for visitors to drop in for glass of wine and some light food.
Plenty of foodstalls around the Arena.
Highland Dancing Competitions - all day
Individual Piping Competitions - all day
Pipe Bands - Parade down Atholl Road from 11.45 hrs and their Competition starts at 1.00 pm (around 17 Bands).
Heavy Events - Tossing the Caber, Throwing the Hammer etc - these Events take place throughout the day
Track Events - Running Cycling Childrens Races etc - all day
Tug o'War Championship - afternoon
Drum Majors Demo around 1645 if time permits
Massed Bands around 5pm.
Pitlochry Highland Games has been hosting competitors and enthralling spectators since 1852.
Pitlochry Highland Games hosts a number of competitions including:
- British Tug o' War sponsored by BAM Nuttall Limited
- Perthshire Tug o'War League
- Perthshire Heavyweight League sponsored by Pitlochry Highland Games
- Junior Heavyweight Event
- Perthshire Dancing League
- Perthshire Junior Piping League
- Scottish Athletics Clubs Junior Relay Final sponsored by PHG and The Enchanted Forest
- Scottish Junior Jumps Championship
- Street parade of Pipe Bands - commencing at 11.40 am sponsored by Edradour Distillery followed by individual Pipe Band Championship and ending with Mass Parade of Pipe Bands
- 1600 metres scratch – Scottish Championship & Championship of the Highlands
- Perthshire Inter Primary School relay competition
- 3200 metres cycle race – Championship of the Highlands
- Drum Majors’ demonstration
- running and cycling events
- heavy events and tug of war
- high jump, long jump and triple jump
- Highland dancing events
- individual piping and Pipe Band competitions
- childrens’ races
“A day out at Pitlochry is a day to treasure”