Children (5 - 16 years) £2
Car Parking £2.
Dogs welcome on leads.
Tickets available on the day
Recreation Ground, Ferry Road, Pitlochry PH16 5DZ
FEB 2018 - Please do not enquire about a Trade or Entertainment Stand - we have no spaces available
Individual Tickets only avail on the day - plenty for all
Events commence at 10.30 hrs and include the below...(Times approx)
Some info on the Games - timings might be slightly different but nothing major
No cover if wet . Wear Strong footwear
Overseas Tent for visitors to drop in for glass of wine and some light food.
Plenty of foodstalls around the Arena.
Highland Dancing Competitions - all day
Individual Piping Competitions - all day
Pipe Bands - Parade down Atholl Road from 11.45 hrs and their Competition starts at 1.00 pm (around 23 Bands).
Heavy Events - Tossing the Caber, Throwing the Hammer etc - these Events take place throughout the day
Track Events - Running Cycling Childrens Races etc - all day
Tug o'War Championship - afternoon
Drum Majors Demo around 1645 if time permits
Massed Bands around 5pm.
Pitlochry Highland Games has been hosting competitors and enthralling spectators since 1852.
Pitlochry Highland Games hosts a number of competitions including:
- British Tug o' War
- Perthshire Tug o'War League
- Perthshire Heavyweight League sponsored by Pitlochry Highland Games
- Junior Heavyweight Event
- Perthshire Dancing League
- Perthshire Junior Piping League
- Scottish Athletics Clubs Junior Relay Final sponsored by PHG and The Enchanted Forest
- Scottish Junior Jumps Championship
- Street parade of Pipe Bands - commencing at 11.40 am sponsored by Edradour Distillery followed by individual Pipe Band Championship and ending with Mass Parade of Pipe Bands
- 1600 metres scratch – Scottish Championship & Championship of the Highlands
- Perthshire Inter Primary School relay competition
- 3200 metres cycle race – Championship of the Highlands
- Drum Majors’ demonstration
- running and cycling events
- heavy events and tug of war
- high jump, long jump and triple jump
- Highland dancing events
- individual piping and Pipe Band competitions
- childrens’ races
“A day out at Pitlochry is a day to treasure”
If you plan to be in the Pitlochry area and have some spare time before or after the Games, don't miss the opportunity to see some stunning art and craft work by visiting the artists in their own studios and workshops as part of a Perthshire wide event, Perthshire Open Studios, which runs from 1-9 September.
Over 20 venues are participating in the Pitlochry area and all are free entry.
For more information, visit the website at perthshireopenstudios.com